Alta Loma Animal Hospital has built a strong reputation for providing affordable spay and neuter services for pets in Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding area. Our skilled veterinary team has extensive experience in these surgical procedures, and we are committed to providing excellent medical care for your pet at all times.
According to the American Veterinary Medical Association® (AVMA), millions of unwanted cats and dogs are euthanized every year. Having your pet spayed or neutered prevents this serious problem and can also help reduce some of the behavioral issues associated with the breeding instinct.
Other benefits of spay/neuter surgery include:
- Elimination of heat cycles in females and the male desire to roam
- Prevention of unwanted pet litters and associated medical care costs
- Prevention of future health problems in female pets such as uterine infections and breast cancer
- Reduced risk in male pets of prostate gland conditions and testicular cancer
- Early neutering can help prevent aggressive behavior
When to Spay/Neuter
Depending on your pet’s weight and overall health, spaying is possible as early as 8 weeks or before the age of 6 months. We recommend a consultation with Dr. Moussa to determine if your pet is healthy enough to undergo a spay surgery.
Neuter surgery is usually performed between the age of 8 weeks and 6 months. Neutering also depends on your pet’s overall health, but most animals do not experience serious complications and recover quickly after surgery.
To learn more about Alta Loma Animal Hospital’s low-cost spay/neuter services, please call us at (909) 987‑6224 today.